Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'll never learn...

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day yesterday! I had a great time at the lake with friends. My shoulders are a little, okay a lot, sunburnt. That's what I get for staying in the water in direct sun for almost four hours on a 95 degree day. You would think that after growing up in South Florida and South Carolina that I would have learned to constantly reapply sunscreen to my extremely fair skin, but apparently that lesson hasn't sunk in yet. 

 So peaceful. I feel so lucky to have lived this close to such a beautiful lake all throughout high school.

Apparently the sun gives me a lazy eye? Nice.

My dad lives right across the street from the lake, so we had planned on just going to one of the local docks. But everything was packed. There is a lake access right by our house, but honestly, I hadn't been there for more than five minutes since the day we looked at the house when we first decided we were moving in 2006. So, we headed out there, knowing that it would be empty. Then the sweetest little old lady, who lives next door to the spot where we were setting up our towels, came out and offered to let us use her dock and pier since no one else ever uses it. I love the people in this little neighborhood, they are some of the sweetest people I have ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...