Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day to Each and Every One of You!

someecards.com - May your Valentine's Day be full of all the sinful things people are giving up for Lent.

So, I had a post written up for today that I typed up a week or two ago. But, it came out sounding a lot more cynical that I ever intended it to, So...I'm pretty sure I'm not going to post it. But, I did want to stop in a wish all of you a happy valentines day! I hope you're enjoying your day and showing everyone that you love how much they mean to you, and showing yourself some love as well.

I'm not doing any of this, but not because I hate valentines day or anything. I just got busy... I went to work at 6:00 AM, then I got to give a super fun presentation about the emotional basis of moral judgements (that I may have cried over last night), went to classes until 1:45, then I went to return the shoes, then I came home and stabbed myself in the finger with a knife. Not intentionally, obviously. So, then there was a lot of drama with urgent care not being interested in checking out the stab wound on my finger that has some sort of tissue-like gunk sticking out of it. So, now I'm sitting at home, finishing off the 800 donuts that I bought this morning, catching up on my DVR (Hello, Chicago Fire), and hoping I don't die or lose a finger. Because as much as I claim to not be ashamed of my appearance, I can't promise that that wouldn't change if I lost my left index finger. Actually, it would absolutely change. And I'm 99% sure you can't get a prosthetic finger. But, I'll look into and get back to you...

Hopefully, you're valentines day will be much more fun (and less stab-woundy) than mine. Although, I'm really not sure how things can get much better than Chicago Fire, Target, and donuts (I assure you my life is not as pathetic is that just made it sound).


xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...