Saturday, August 7, 2010

Reese's Cup Brownies

I started off the day with a quick trip to the monthly market place in town. After seeing all the delicious food that was for sale everywhere I turned, I decided to whip up these super easy and extremely delicious brownies. I saw the recipe in an issue of Cosmopolitan about two years ago, and whenever I need to make a quick and simple dessert, this is usually the one I turn to. I thought I would share the recipe since it would be a perfect summertime treat with a bit of vanilla ice cream on top. There are only a few ingredients, which make this easy enough for anyone to make. I used applesauce instead of eggs, since It is hard to find Ener-G Egg replacer here. I usually use my grandma’s brownie recipe, but today I didn’t feel like spending time making brownies from scratch so I used a box of Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie mix instead.

Ingredients


                         
Combine brownie mix, egg or egg substitute, water, and oil in a bowl and stir until smooth.


Stir until smooth.


                         
After coating your pan with some non-stick spray, pour a thin layer of the brownie mix into the pan. Please ignore how gross this pan looks. It is clean, I promise, it is just really old. We are remodeling our kitchen so there isn't too many options available right now since everything is boxed up.


Cover with Reese’s cups. I used a 9x9 pan, and the bag of snack size Reese’s has 14 cups in it. As you can see, 14 cups wasn’t quite enough, but it works out fine once cooked. However, if you use anything bigger than a 9x9 pan, I would recommend getting two bags of Reese’s.

Pour the rest of the brownie mix on top of the Reese’s and smooth it out.


Cook according to the instruction on the box, or your recipe if you make your brownies from scratch. If you use applesauce instead of eggs, cook for a few minutes less than the box recommends.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...