Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tea Organizer


In case you didn't know, I'm obsessed with tea. I would drink tea all day long if I could. I can't go to the store without picking up a new flavor. Because of this "addiction" as my father calls it, the cabinets are always a mess with tea boxes jammed in wherever I can fit them. So I decided that I needed a better way to organize them. While at a friend's house, I noticed that she had a small wooden box that held three different varieties of tea. I thought it was a good idea, however, it was a bit small for the amount of tea I like to keep on hand. So I decided to make a similar box, just slightly larger. Here it is...

So, because I probably would have cut off a finger during the construction of this box, I asked my dad if he would help out. He made a basic wooden box out of pine, then sanded it down.

This is the box before I did anything to it.

The inside organizer comes apart easily to allow for different sized tea bags.

After all the hard work was finished, I took care of the staining and polyurethane. I chose a stain called Mediterranean olive that ended up being a nice medium shade of green.

The final product.

All my tea is nicely organized now, and I don't have to dig through a million cabinets to find the one I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...