Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cherry White Chocolate Chip Applesauce Cookies

Good Morning Loves!

Hope you've all been well during my not-so-brief blogging absence! I've been getting dressed on a daily basis, promise. But, I haven't gotten home before dark a single time in the past two weeks. Don't believe me? On Monday I left for campus at 1:00 PM and got home from campus at 1:45 AM Tuesday morning. Fun Stuff, let me tell you. So, outfit pictures haven't really been my priority this week, having a constant supply of coffee has been though. And, now that I'm feeling a little bit more awake than the comatose state I've been in all week, I decided I should post something on this little blog of mine. But, then I realized I didn't have any unposted outfit pictures that I liked all that much. So, you're getting a delicious and healthy (until I added chocolate chips) cookie recipe instead. I hope you'll forgive me.

Cherry White Chocolate Chip Applesauce Cookies


Ingredients:
3 Ripe Bananas
2 Cups Rolled Oats
1/3 Cup Applesauce (I used the no-sugar added kind)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Ground Flax 
1/2 Cup Dried Cherries
1/2 Cup(ish) White Chocolate Chips
Cinnamon (I didn't measure it. I just threw some in the mixer)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a fork, mash the bananas in a bowl.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Mix well.
5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.

Now, keep in mind that these aren't "Oh My Goodness! My friends are going to be amazed by how good these are" cookies. They are designed to be healthy. Now, with that in mind, they are really good for a healthy cookie. Especially since they have no added sugar/flour/eggs/butter. And they are great for when you are on a diet but you're craving something dessert-like that isn't going to wreck the progress you've made.

Let me know if you make them, or if you've ever made an applesauce cookie before!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...