Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reliving Spring Break


Cardigan: Target; Shirt: Old Navy; Jeans: JC Penney; Belt: Levi's; 
Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. (gift from parents); Earrings: Target; Shoes: Cato



The outfits are back, not very exciting, but they are back. It has been grey outside all week, and today I just happened to match the weather. I had no interest in getting out of bed today. It was cold and the only things I had to do today were a bunch of accounting homework and then I had to go to learn some more about accounting. So needless to say, it wasn't a particularly exciting day. I tried to bake some cookies (as seen in that last photo) but for some reason they didn't come out well. The bottoms wouldn't cook. And then once they did, they stuck to the baking sheet. Oh well, I think that was the cookies' way of telling me that I should be working out, not eating sweets. 

Today is day three of the Spring is in the Air Blog Challenge with Amber and Meghan. Today's question is:
Where are you/would you be headed for spring break this year (real or ideal)?

My spring break has come and gone; It was during the first week of March. I headed to my dad’s house in sunny South Carolina. The warm weather and sunshine was exactly what I needed to hold me over until the sun decided it wanted to shine down on Michigan again, which happened for about a day and a half last week before it starting raining again. I spent the time meeting up with friends from high school and a few people from the first college I went to, and working on projects for class, and getting a new tattoo, all while enjoying the fact that I didn't have to put on a million layers of clothes just to get the mail. It was the perfect low-key vacation to hold me over until the semester ends.

Playing with my puppy over spring break. The grass may not have 
been green yet, but it was warm and sunny outside.


In kind-of related news, I'm making this weekend a mini-spring break and heading out to the Chicago area to see my mom for a few days. I was hoping the weather would be a little nicer out there, but I just got off the phone with her and she said that it is starting to snow.  But at least I'll have someone to take my pictures for me, because these indoor tripod pictures are kind of pathetic. I'm promise I'll return to taking outdoor pictures once the wind and rain go away. You don't want to see rain-y pictures of me. My hair gets huge and curly and I look like a poodle. It's pretty scary, so really, I'm taking these pictures indoors for you guys because I don't want to subject you to that. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great spring break (yours was early!) and that you'll have a great mini-spring break this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...