Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring is in the Air, Day Five: Springtime Food Cravings

Today is the final day of the Spring is in the Air Challenge with Amber and Meghan. Today's question is:

What recipe or food do you look forward to most during the springtime?

I'm not really a seasonal eater. I pretty much eat what I want no matter what time of year it is. My family thinks I'm crazy when I'm outside in the winter, but I still want a sno cone. But, there are a few things that are more of what I consider to be warm weather foods that I look forward to getting to eat again once it is finally warm outside.


Fresh Watermelon
Good watermelon is hard to find during winter anywhere, but especially in Michigan. I love watermelon, and could probably live off of it during the spring and summer time.


Haagan-Dazs Zesty Lemon Sorbet
This sorbet is so good. It isn't sweet like a lot of lemon flavored desserts are, and compared to some of the other lemon sorbets out there, it is a little bit healthier. 


Kiwi and Berries
Kiwis are by far my favorite food. They are amazing. But like watermelon and most other fruits, they are hard to find during the winter. 
Berries aren't as hard to find in the winter, but they usually aren't as good as the ones that you find during the spring/summer. And even if they look great in the store, they usually don't last very long before they start to get soggy.


Peaches
In high school I lived right by a peach orchard that has the most amazing peaches (and strawberries) that I have ever tasted. I love going home once the semester ends and going out to McLeod's and stocking up on freshly picked peaches. 

So, I guess it's safe to say that during the winter I mostly miss fresh fruit. But, it's only a week into spring and there is already a better selection at the grocery store. So, I can't wait to see what the coming weeks will bring... Hopefully watermelon and peaches.

All images via Google images.



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm your newest follower from this challenge. Great choices, you're making me hungry:)

    Feel free to check out here: inadaze13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...